Sunday 7 September 2014

MY INDIA - My Journey - 2009 to present ~ pt 1

I have been lucky enough now to travel back and forth to Kolkata, India a number of times; A journey that had initally been within me for a very long time - a time to discover my hybrid heritage. I am still after so many visits, overwhelmed each time how it makes my blood rush and senses go into over drive. 

Mine has never been a 'spiritual journey' nor a journey of self discovery; I have never looked at Kolkata nor India that way. My so-called spiritual journey has always been where I live, London UK. If I can't find myself here in London where I live, I never will.   

So India has represented something very different to me. A place that my family are intertwined in and reluctant to share our history. My journey there has always been un-plotted, un-mapped so no expectations, no betrayal. I have seen Kolkata in all her beauty ~ the decaying majestical buildings and traditions of times gone by and her cruelty , her unacceptable attitude towards women and caste - and if anything, it has been a blessing not falling into a strange view of the westerners rose-tinted view of India.I have seen her in her glory and her shame.









  













No comments:

Post a Comment